Wednesday, December 26, 2007

There's Plenty More Where That Came From

If you know me, you know I've recently been suffering from a long string of self-inflicted klutz injuries.

First I walked into a door and gave myself a shiner. You know how when women are being abused they always say they walked into a door and nobody ever believes them because Seriously??? Who really walks into a door? Well, that would be me. So I'm trying to think up a good cover for walking into the door cause I can't admit I walked into a door, people will think he's smacking me around.

Then the next day I tripped on my own pants leg and went flying across the room, giving myself a serious case of rug rash and temporarily dislocating my big toe.

Then I pulled a muscle in my neck IN MY SLEEP! I knew I was talented, but I think hurting oneself in one's sleep deserves a special klutz award.

I was sure I was done being stupid, but alas, I have plenty more stupid in me.

Yesterday evening after having just changed a diaper and needing to scrape the contents of said diaper into a little container that was currently downstairs (yeah you read that right - if you're REALLY lucky I might explain WHY I am collecting diaper droppings), I proceeded down the steps carrying Meredith and poopy diaper in question. In separate hands of course as Meredith is prone to sticking things in her mouth regardless of fragrance.

So this left no hands to hold the handrail. I'm sure you see where I'm going with this by now.

In an amazing act of maternal protection I managed to contort my falling body, not unlike a cat falling from a second story window, to land, if not on my feet, at least on a well-cushioned area of my anatomy. In doing so I managed to twist my ankle and injure the above mentioned posterior. And of course the diaper went flying and landed business side down, draped over the baby gate at the bottom of the steps.

Luckily Meredith just thought it was a new and exciting way to go downstairs and was completely unfazed by the whole performance.

Merry Christmas everyone! I have to go disinfect my baby gate.....

1 comment:

Kristy Lynn said...

I will remain 10 miles away from you at all times :)

You are pretty talented to NOT be in a cast yet!