Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Spins a Web Any Size

We've officially made the transition.

To the big boy bed that is. And as usual my anticipation was much worse than the actual event.

Dave declared New Year's Eve the big night. New year, new bed was his proclamation. I thought this was a bad idea, chiefly because I was planning on staying up later than usual and wanted no interruptions to the small amount of time I would get to sleep. But we all know how selfish I am about my sleep.

Secondly I thought New Year's Eve was a bad night because Jamie had pneumonia. We didn't know he had pneumonia at the time, but we sure as hell knew he was sick. Any time Jamie willingly naps on the couch he's got to be sick. That or aliens have taken my son and replaced him with one of their own cleverly disguised offspring.

Not to mention my mother thinks it's time to take him to the E.R. Preferably by ambulance. But my mother's projected hypochondriaism (is that a word?), well that's another story for another day.

My final effort to put off the transition was my attempt to not have the sheets washed. The all important Spider Man sheets. Those sheets arrived from Santa Claus to usher in the new big boy bed status. I had high hopes for those sheets. But more importantly until I washed said sheets I could continue putting off the big boy bed. Which was of course what I was really trying to do.

But I could put it off no longer. Jamie was excited. As excited as one can get with a 104 degree temperature. He was tucked up in his new bed. And other than a few brief excursions to the bathroom for an illicit cup of water, he stayed in his bed.

If he can keep my little boy in his bed, he really is the Amazing Spider-Man.

1 comment:

Kristy Lynn said...

Congrats on the transition!!! Looks like its harder on the parents to see the kids grow up!