Thursday, January 10, 2008

This Will Require Caffeine and Possibly Alcohol

Sabrina is going to a birthday party today. Not just any birthday party. A birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese.

Is it just me? Am I the only adult that thinks Chuck E. Cheese is the most awful place EVER? Add in the fact that it's got a giant RAT (not that I have anything against rats as a species - just don't care for them being 6 feet tall and walking around on two legs) and I just don't see the appeal.

I have spent the last 4 years telling Sabrina there were no Chuck E. Cheese's near enough to go to. When she started school and found out her classmates have ACTUALLY GONE TO CHUCK E. CHEESE! Well, I'm not one to fall to peer pressure. Nope not me. I simply explained that her wealthier classmates were probably able to afford the airfare.

And truthfully, the closest Chuck E. Cheese franchise is about 40 minutes away. I might drive 40 minutes for, oh, say a visit to a really good friend. Maybe to a new shopping center. Maybe even to a party despite my antisocial tendencies.

But a restaurant teeming with 500 screaming children hopped up on sugar and caffeine and eyes glazed over from video games?

Not my idea of a good time.

And to add to my agony, I will have to take my 3 year old son and my 10 month old daughter with us. Neither of which have taken a nap today. The latter of which has been weeping with tiredness for the past 2 hours but refuses to sleep.

Do you think I could tell Sabrina that we missed our flight?

4 comments:

dynamitt said...

you can try to tell her that :D
I have no idea what chuck e. cheese is - and I dont think I want to know either after reading this.

Ashley Marshall said...

dear LORD!!!!!!!!!!! I HEAR YA!

Kristy Lynn said...

YOU ARE SO FREAKING FUNNY!

I don't blaim you about not wanting to take the 40 minute trip...I figure you'd hear ARE WE THERE YET about 4000 times.

Norkio said...

How does that place stay in business?? No adult alive likes the food, if you can call cardboard with greasy cheese on it food! Ugh, who are these parents who cave and have a party there?? They must die! Sadly we have about 5 Chuck e Cheeses within a short drive of us. Oh, my future hurts already.