Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Y'all Don't Come Back Now Y'hear

Somewhere in South Carolina we stopped for lunch on the way to Myrtle Beach.

Did you ever realize AFTER you've sat down to eat that maybe, just maybe, it's not such a great place to be? It could have been the lack of a changing table in the rest room. It could have been the fact that it struck me as a little odd that McDonald's was adjoining with one of those "Paycheck Advance" places. Maybe even the way everyone turned and looked at us funny. If nothing else the little kids wearing Kevlar and gun holsters in the Playplace should have tipped us off.

But we needed caffeine and the kids needed food and a place to stretch so we stuck around.

Around the same time that the alarm went off on our van, a boy in the Playplace began bullying Sabrina and I called it quits and said it was time to leave.

Jamie however refused to come out of the tower slide. This is not unusual. On more than one occasion I have had to haul my way-too-big-for-those-climbing-tubes ass up to the top to retrieve him. But within seconds he came charging back down.

I asked him what he was doing and he said "Really Mama, I just told that big boy 'You have to let my sister have a turn!'"

That bigger boy could have just flicked him away like a tiny little fly, but my little boy won't stand for any perceived injustice. I've never been so proud of my little guy.

If anyone is going to push his big sister around HE will do the pushing thank you very much.

No comments: