Saturday, July 26, 2008

Things I've Learned This Past Week (And Didn't Necessarily Want To Know)

  • Children can throw up faster than a speeding barf bucket.
  • Strawberry Jell-O is SHOCKINGLY pink the second time around.
  • Sick poops smell like Asiago cheese.
  • I will never eat Asiago cheese again.
  • The baby finds her big brother's sippy of water exceptionally appealing when he is sick.
  • Eventually the baby will catch the stomach virus despite frequent hand washing and eternal optimism.
  • I may never catch up on laundry.
  • The amount of vomit and poop deposited on the couch is directly proportional to how new it is (Thank goodness it was cheap).
  • My couch cushions are capable of being hosed down (Thank goodness it was cheap).
  • I need to become more in touch with my inner Earth Mother who is infinitely more patient than my outer grouchy one.
  • Sometimes it's nice to have a sick kid cuddle up on your lap and spend all day there.
  • Snuggling with your sick kid(s) is more important than the dirty laundry, dirty kitchen, dirty bathroom.

1 comment:

Dani said...

Sounds like you had a heck of a week. I do remember those days when Zac was bigger and didn't want to be on a lap anymore, except on those rare occasions when he was sick. Of course he usually had a fever and felt like a furnace, but I cherished those snuggles as they got rarer and rarer.