Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I Don't Own A Shoe Large Enough

I took the kids to the Pittsburgh Zoo yesterday. Surprisingly it was a very pleasant day. This is surprising because there are three of them and only one of me. Calculate the math. I'll be the first to say I don't know anything about betting or odds but three to one just doesn't sound like a good deal no matter how you look at it.

Despite being outnumbered the day proceeded in an orderly fashion. No wildlife was harmed, my children were not captured and caged by the staff, and most importantly I did not require the services of an insane asylum by the end of the day. Tomorrow is another day, but I'll accept my blessings as they are bestowed upon me.

Since they were so very well behaved I promised them they could each pick something out at the gift shop before we left. Because Sabrina is her mother's daughter, she chose a large lollipop. I chose a super-sized coffee mug (I need all the help I can get in the mornings), and since Meredith was being held captive, I interpreted her "Ennnh! Eennnh! EEEnnnh!" to mean, "Please choose a nice pink T-shirt for me," as opposed to "Put me down so I can wreak havoc" as she intended.

Within 1 minute Jamie zeroed in on the one item in the whole gift shop guaranteed to make his mother cringe. No amount of persuasion or bribery would sway him. Meet Harry (or perhaps Hairy?).

5 comments:

Kristy Lynn said...

Boys will be boys! I would have picked the lolly pop too....you're a brave woman for taking those babies ALONE!

Brave, brave, brave woman!

Colleen said...

I only have one baby and I've already been recruiting my sister to go to the zoo with us later in the summer so I can have some "back-up". You should be commended!

Ashley Marshall said...

Aww Soo cute! Now tell me how to edit my blog to be pretty! I can make the header but have no idea how to do the rest!!! GRRRRR

Dani said...

WOW, if I wasn't already awake when I clicked to your blog, I'd be WIDE awake now. Love the new layout, just wasn't expecting it! LOL

I think Harry is adorable!!!

Norkio said...

Jeeze that is creepy. Is it animatronic too? That would be bad, to see that giant creepy stuffed tarantula crawling across the house. Hm, maybe you could secretly get it animatronicized and freak out the boys and the dog.