Wednesday, June 4, 2008

What Were YOU Thinking?

A couple of weeks ago I had to go to Sabrina's school to give her allergy medication I had forgotten to administer before she caught the bus. Meredith and Jamie of course accompanied me.

While we waited in the nurse's office as the nurse went to fetch Sabrina from her classroom, one of Sabrina's teachers walked in. She commented how much Sabrina and Meredith looked like me.

Now humor me, I'm going to digress a moment here, but I promise you this relates.

Recently Jamie has become very aware of certain......differences between boys and girls. He likes to talk about these differences with us often. I understand this is normal and it helps him to comprehend these differences by talking about them. But even more amusing is that he has begun to notice, and expound upon, the differences between adult and child anatomy. He finds it particularly fascinating that grown-ups have hair in different places than he does.

But returning to the story at hand.

This same teacher then turned to Jamie and said, "You don't look as much like your Mommy. You must look like your Daddy."

To which Jamie replied, "No. My Daddy has hair on his........."

(Oh dear God do you think it would help if I used some sort of diversionary tactic to distract her????)

".........face."

7 comments:

dynamitt said...

hehe that made my day!

Norkio said...

Hilarious, reminds me of the kid in the bank line that says "I'll tell that I saw you kissing daddy's pee pee..." LMAO!

Dani said...

phew!!!!!!!

Boo said...

MWUAHAHAHA!

Love you Jamie! You're a rock star!

(at least Jaxon's not the only potty mouth around here huh?)

The Burkes said...

LOL, do you keep a diary of all the funny things your kids say? That should defiantly go down!!! Thanks, for the nice comment by the way!

Christy R. said...

You seriously have to publish this stuff. I haven't laughed this hard in ages! I may have just peed myself (all those damn kegels for nothing!!). --ellabella

R.Davis Photography said...

The greatest!!! This just made my entire week which by the way has been rediculously horrible!

Way to go Jamie!!!!

MB come out come out from that rock you crawled under....lol