Saturday, January 24, 2009

For Moi? Why Thank You!

My cousin Colleen from Welcome to the Snug has given me the Honest Scrap Award. My cousin Colleen is a few years younger than me. We were always around each other growing up as her Dad is my Dad's brother and we lived about 15 minutes away from each other. My favorite memory of my cousin Colleen - even though it wasn't necessarily a happy time - was when I lived at her house for a week while my sister was in the hospital.

The first full day I stayed there I came down with an AWFUL virus which meant I had to stay home from school. And because I like to share, I promptly gave the virus to Colleen, so we hung out together all week in her Family Room watching cartoons, reading Highlights Magazines that my Uncle brought home for us and eating fried bologna sandwiches. My other two cousins; her brother and sister, somehow escaped the virus, so it was just Coll and I all week long.

I'm really glad we've recently re-connected via email and blogdom! I sincerely thank you for the award.

Here are the rules for this award:
a) List 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep! and
b) Pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.


  1. During the winter I sometimes don't shave my legs for a month (or more). But I have to shave my armpits. Drives me crazy to have stubble under my arms.
  2. I have a sister who is severely handicapped. She used to function on the level of a 2-3 year old child, but has declined to where we're not sure how much she can see or hear and can't communicate much. She lives in a group home now and I only see her once a year or so and I feel really guilty about it.
  3. When I was a little girl and people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I would respond in all seriousness, "A Princess." I was really disappointed to find out this wasn't a career option.
  4. I won 3 spelling bees. Really. My Mom still has the trophies.
  5. I fell in love when I was 15. You think that doesn't really happen at that age, but it does sometimes. I'll try to remember that before I tell my daughters (or son) "there are lots of fish in the sea," when someone breaks their teenaged hearts.
  6. I secretly like to watch Hannah Montana with my daughter. And not just because I think Billy Ray Cyrus is HOT (can't say the same for his music though).
  7. I was married once before. I was only 20 when we got engaged and by the time I realized marrying him was a bad idea, I was too scared to call it off. Married at 22 and divorced by 24.
  8. I wanted to have 6 children when I grew up. But when you start at 31 and your kids are all two and a half to three years apart, you run out of time (not to mention money!).
  9. I am addicted to Doritos. They are like heroin to me. I try to keep them out of the house.
  10. I am pathologically frightened of spiders and centipedes. I stayed awake one night until 3 a.m. watching a centipede on the wall because I was too scared to kill it, no way in hell was I going to sleep with it in the room, and my parents didn't get home until 3:00. I literally did not take my eyes off of it for close to 4 hours.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now I pass on the awards to:
Boo at Discover Boo
Kate at Does This Newborn Come With a Manual?
Kelly at The Secret Life of Ducks
Martha at MelodyGibbons.com
Dani at We Are Outnumbered!
Etta at The Chronicles of Blackheart Lola
Michelle at Life's A Journey...Not a Destination

I was limited to seven so I apologize to anyone I left out. You can see my blogroll to the right and at the bottom of my blog. They're ALL worth checking out.

3 comments:

Boo said...

Thank you, Thank you Thank you! Um, well, firstly...I'd like to thank my mother and my father...without their love and support...

:)

I accepted your award...and handed out my own.

Norkio said...

Ah, I gush. Thank you so much! Unfortunately, you've handed out the award to almost all the bloggers I would have, lol. I will endeavor to pass it along all the same. :-)

Colleen said...

Looking back I now realize I was that annoying little kid that followed around my older siblings and cousins...thanks for putting up with me.

Glad we reconnected too!